Friday, August 12, 2011

The Ride, Day Three


Wednesday dawned sunny, cool, and low humidity. THIS is the kind of day I envisioned when I first started planning this ride. Today was shorter by a little over ten miles over the previous days, and it was mostly DOWNHILL!



I rolled into Cumberland MD about 9:10, averaging about 14mph from Frostburg, (By the way, if you're doing this ride and stopping in Frostburg, I highly recommend the Trail Inn.) Cumberland is the end of the GAP and the beginning of the C&O.  


During the day, Mark and Lou passed me again. They'd made it to Cumberland the night before and were headed to Hancock for the evening. I was stopping in Paw Paw, WV. Lou asked me if I had a light for the Big Savage Tunnel. I pointed at my headlight and turned it on. It didn't work. Guess I'm looking for a light in Paw Paw! We said goodbye and good travels

Some sights along the way: the Bone Cave, Helmstetter's Curve, Lover's Leap (no one did).


No comments:

Post a Comment